Snapshot of a Candidate: Financial Controller (ACCA)
Charity sector experience
Commercially focused, improves cash positioning and streamlines processes
– Operates as part of the leadership team
– Introduced new financial models for KPIs and forward planning
– Implemented cash flow forecasting for 12 month visibility
– Decreased debtor days and increased cash flow by £100k
– Evaluated and corrected VAT calculation
– Introduced appraisal and performance related pay scheme
– MI reporting for SMT to ensure great visibility and understanding
– Set up auto-enrolment pension scheme
– Negotiated leases for property and assets
– Management and mentoring of the finance team
– Year End consolidated statutory financial statements
– SORP accounting and ensuring compliance
– Preparation of annual budgets and 3 year strategic plans
– Quarterly VAT and liaison with HMRC
– Financial review of grants
– Introduction of risk register, internal controls and purchasing policy
– Quarterly council meetings presenting Charity’s financial position
– Member of the Audit Committee and Finance & Investment Committee
– Manage relationships with external auditors, banks and investment managers
We’d love to develop our partnership with you and thought you might be interested in this candidate’s experience.
Let us know if you are interested in meeting to discuss this candidate further or alternatively we’re happy to meet with you to discuss the market, provide advice or even just shoot the breeze!
In line with our transparent approach, we are happy to have our charges and some key points visible
Everything we do for our clients is with the aim of building a long-term relationship and not simply about a one-off placement. To ensure that is the case, our advice and consultancy side is always free.
No upfront fees
If we are engaged on a contingency basis, we only charge once the successful candidate has actually started.
Flat rate fees
We charge a flat rate of annualised remuneration for permanent recruitment and offer highly competitive charges for interim assignments. Our introductory rate doesn’t increase with salary levels and whilst most agencies will do this, we have never felt this to be a fair approach. You should always receive the same, high quality service regardless of the seniority of the role.
We offer a FREE replacement service for all permanent recruitment.