Snapshot of a Candidate: Financial Controller (CIMA)
Experience within Construction & Facilities Management sectors
Commercially focused business partner with strong project accounting and contract management experience
– Turnaround of badly performing contracts by analysis of revenue and WIP
– Recouped £3m by identifying overspend across 20 projects
– Generated cost savings of 10% by improving forecasting and efficiencies
– Work directly with client to reconcile legacy issues and improve revenue
– Cashflow improvements by reducing debt by 50%+ in 12 months
– Reduced month end from 5 days to 3 by improved cost modelling
– Change management to improve controls, governance and reporting
– Significantly reduced reporting processes by more than 50%
– Restructured labour costs by reducing overtime by 70%
– Reduced creditors by £3m within 6 months by driving accountability
– Demobilised a large contract and transferred c500 staff via TUPE
– Responsible for managing all aspects of the finance function
– Managed finance teams (10+) and contracts teams remotely
– Business partnering with Commercial, Operations and Project Directors
– Client facing, improving visibility with customers and reducing debtors
– Budgeting, management accounting VAT and statutory reporting
– Reporting directly to the Managing Director and the UK Group
– Monthly and quarterly reporting to Executive Board
– Production and approval of the statutory accounts for all entities
– Cultural change post acquisition and integration
– Introduced monthly management reporting
– Due diligence of potential acquisitions and supporting business growth
– Designed and implemented labour costing and reporting system
– Recruitment and restructure of the finance team post acquisition
– Developed and implemented contract review to monitor financial performance
– Design of bid models, reducing costs and improving bid process
To discuss this candidate’s remuneration and availability, please do get in touch 07367 492027
We’d love to develop our partnership with you and thought you might be interested in this candidate’s experience.
Let us know if you are interested in meeting to discuss this candidate further or alternatively we’re happy to meet with you to discuss the market, provide advice or even just shoot the breeze!
In line with our transparent approach, we are happy to have our charges and some key points visible
Everything we do for our clients is with the aim of building a long-term relationship and not simply about a one-off placement. To ensure that is the case, our advice and consultancy side is always free.
No upfront fees
If we are engaged on a contingency basis, we only charge once the successful candidate has actually started.
Flat rate fees
We charge a flat rate of annualised remuneration for permanent recruitment and offer highly competitive charges for interim assignments. Our introductory rate doesn’t increase with salary levels and whilst most agencies will do this, we have never felt this to be a fair approach. You should always receive the same, high quality service regardless of the seniority of the role.
We offer a FREE replacement service for all permanent recruitment.