Financial Controller £50,000-£60,000 p.a.
Genesis are an award winning premium car brand, soon to launch in the UK & Europe. They are now in the process of building a high performance team to match their product.
BondMoran have been retained to support their search for a Financial Controller.
Therefore, if you’re an experienced Finance Manager, Financial Controller or commercially minded Financial Accountant, with a strong background of implementing controls and processes within a growth business, this could be an ideal opportunity
This position is part of a ‘journey’, and will suit an individual who is comfortable with the challenges typically experienced within a high-growth start-up.
THIS IS NOT A ‘MAINTENANCE’ STYLE FINANCE ROLE!
Whilst the existing global business has structure, this new division is reviewing, identifying, and implementing their own purpose built, robust financial controls. You will play a key role in this process.
If you can embrace and review the existing structure, processes and procedures and then recommend/drive on-going improvements, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
You will need to provide technical compliance and best practice advice and be able to engage and communicate effectively with numerous non-finance stakeholders.
Experience of tax, duty and VAT will be beneficial and you will need to be the type of person who uses initiative and commercial acumen to resolve challenges.
In addition to this, you will be a close aid and a sounding board for the highly supportive, knowledgeable Head Of Finance, assisting with the production of commercially insightful financial information.
The Management Team are highly credible and are very open and welcoming to ideas and insight on this growth journey. The business is in a phenomenal position within a market they know well and the people within the business are truly lovely!
Core responsibilities include:
• Creating and implementing financial & operational policies and procedures across the business
• Coaching and guiding senior stakeholders so they can embrace new processes and policies
• Working closely with business stakeholders to support the diverse day to day activities
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts/ budgets as required
• Monitor closing activities and effectively prepare for closing result reports in cooperation with our local accounting & tax advisors.
• Creating insightful month end management reporting for UK & European management
• Cashflow management – Proactively manage cash forecasting, highlighting cash positions and recommending corrective measures if required.
• Understanding tax, duty, VAT and ensuring submissions to HMRC /industry bodies are accurate and compliant. Assisting in any audits / queries from the relevant authorities.
You must be I.T. literate and highly adept with Excel.
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for the successful individual, who will be able to help to shape the current and future financial performance of the business and be given the autonomy to put their stamp on it.
If this is you, please apply ASAP as our client is ideally keen to recruit swiftly.
ALL 3rd PARTY/DIRECT CV’s WILL BE PASSED TO BM FOR INCLUSION IN OUR PROCESS.
Proven experience of reviewing processes, identifying and driving improvements within a developing Finance Department
Strong Excel and I.T. Skills
An engaging personality with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
A desire to be part of and help built a world-class finance function