Snapshot of a Candidate: Group Accountant (ACCA)
Commercially focused and with strong technical knowledge
Trained in private practice before gaining commercial experience within a range of sectors for both SME and large organisations
– Restructured the finance team and streamlined processes
– Identified and resolved VAT issues in a proposed Group restructure
– Assisted managers to understand budgets by introducing training sessions
– Identified loss making branches and worked with managers to turnaround
– Improved reporting to the leadership team by setting up weekly reporting
– Designed and implemented a credit control policy and month end procedure
– Built Group cashflow forecasts for future planning and compared to actuals
– Introduced and established monthly finance team meetings
– Preparation of monthly management accounts by office and region
– Analysis and explanation of margin and variances from budget
– Partner with managers to prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
– Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
– Preparation of statutory accounts and supporting audit packs
– Creating pricing models for tenders and supporting financial documentation
– Worked closely with the Commercial Director and Regional Managers
– Liaise with tax advisors to ensure correct calculation of tax liability
– Consolidation of Group results
– Management of the Group’s investment portfolio
We’d love to develop our partnership with you and thought you might be interested in this candidate’s experience.
Let us know if you are interested in meeting to discuss this candidate further or alternatively we’re happy to meet with you to discuss the market, provide advice or even just shoot the breeze!
In line with our transparent approach, we are happy to have our charges and some key points visible
Everything we do for our clients is with the aim of building a long-term relationship and not simply about a one-off placement. To ensure that is the case, our advice and consultancy side is always free.
No upfront fees
If we are engaged on a contingency basis, we only charge once the successful candidate has actually started.
Flat rate fees
We charge a flat rate of annualised remuneration for permanent recruitment and offer highly competitive charges for interim assignments. Our introductory rate doesn’t increase with salary levels and whilst most agencies will do this, we have never felt this to be a fair approach. You should always receive the same, high quality service regardless of the seniority of the role.
We offer a FREE replacement service for all permanent recruitment.