Head of Payroll
Head of Payroll £65,000-£70,000pa + bens
Are you an experienced Head of Payroll looking for your next role?
Leading the Payroll Team of a large, Bedfordshire based business and ensuring they deliver a high level service, whilst ensuring they meet their statutory requirements.
The role involves ongoing professional development and guidance to the team and, supported by the FD you will be expected to look at ways of improving the offering by recommending changes to systems, procedures and processes.
Ownership and responsibility for ensuring governance of the end to end payroll process, from maintenance of and compliance with, policies and procedures within the payroll team and across the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide strong leadership to the team, ensuring that they have the relevant skills, knowledge and capability.
• Ensure accurate payments are made according to agreed dates and statutory deadlines.
• Drive continuous improvements; developing and reviewing management information reporting.
• Manage the payroll for the organisation incl. weekly and monthly payroll runs, checks, balances and reconciliations within deadlines.
• Ensure all third party payments are reconciled and payments and returns are completed accurately and in line with internal and legislative deadlines.
• Ensure RTI submissions meet the statutory deadlines.
• Produce monthly KPI’s on compliance, follow up and escalate any breaches.
• Establish processes within the payroll Department that are fit for purpose and properly controlled.
• Develop risk assessment and business continuity procedures
CIPP Qualified Professional desirable.
Substantial experience managing payroll is required with at least 2 of these years managing a large volume, complex payroll function for a multi-site organisation.
Proven commitment to the delivery of a customer focused service.
Up to date knowledge of UK payroll
Comprehensive and working knowledge of Payroll systems and reporting systems and Excel skills.
Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure. Collaborative, transparent and has a straight forward approach.