Snapshot of a Candidate: Financial Controller (ACCA)
Hospitality & Leisure Sector
A commercial Finance Director with 10 years+ experience within Hospitality & Leisure. Available at short notice for contract or permanent roles. £70k p.a.
– Part of the Leadership team, supporting the Board
– Multi-site, International and Group experience
– Managing and mentoring the finance team, 5 staff
– Has worked in sole-charge positions
– Business modelling for brand growth and scope/feasibility of new sites
– Reviewing potential new locations in the US
– Modelling for new company acquisitions
– Partnering with key stakeholders to interrogate current performance
– Analysis of targets and material variances, budgets v forecasts
– Stock, inventory, sales and occupancy reporting and analysis
– Management of Group Capital cash flow and consolidation of regional cash
– Multi-currency reporting (GBP, Euros & US$)
– Developing and implementation of dashboards
– Assisted with implementation of new reporting tool
– Liaising with the investment team re: acquisition, maturity and exit of projects
– Preparation of monthly Management Accounts for sites and HO
– Group consolidations and global intercompany consolidations
– Lead on annual budget and quarterly forecasts
– Weekly site reporting on P&L and occupancy forecasts
– Balance Sheet reconciliation, fixed & current assets, and liabilities
– Running Year-End audit and supplying working papers
– Preparation of investor statements
– Submission of returns to HMRC, quarterly VAT reconciliation and monthly CIS returns
To discuss this candidate’s remuneration and availability, OR any recruitment and retention planning, please do get in touch with Debbie on 07367 492027
We’d love to develop our partnership with you and thought you might be interested in this candidate’s experience.
Most of our relationships are a result of recommendations and referrals. A lovely way to grow a business!
If you are looking for a knowledgeable, people centered Consultancy to help your growth, recruitment and retention needs, let’s talk.
We are experts within our sector. Each of our Consultants have over twenty years experience within finance recruitment, in our specific geographical areas & we are extremely well networked.
Everything we do for our clients is with the aim of building a long-term relationship and not simply about a one-off placement. To ensure that is the case, our advice and consultancy side is always free.
Genuine consultancy (with a long-term, relationship approach!)
Whether discussing how your brand is going to be perceived by potential recruits, confidentiality, staff engagement, headhunting or training on many subjects connected to recruitment and retention, we always operate as an expert partner, not a transactional service provider. Our advice is always free!
Flat rate fees
We charge a flat rate of annualised remuneration for permanent recruitment and offer highly competitive charges for interim assignments. Our introductory rate doesn’t increase with salary levels and whilst most agencies will do this, we have never felt this to be a fair approach. You should always receive the same, high quality service regardless of the seniority of the role.
Solutions, NOT sales
We offer a range of customised solutions, including retained, contingent and alternative offerings such as 'retained-light'.
We offer a FREE replacement for all permanent recruitment. Ask us to find out more.