Based in Central London
Financial Controller - Hospitality / Property Sector
Are you an ambitious, career minded Commercial Accountant?
Are you challenged enough in your current role?
Have you got more to offer that your current employer realises?
Do you want to be a key part of something with more commercial involvement that is different, bigger and more exciting?
If so, this opportunity will enable you to make a tangible difference to an iconic, market leading business.
Our Client is a truly ‘fantastic’ brand, with ‘fantastic’ people, vision and culture who will mentor you and drive personal development.
They have a great story and as this role will help write the next 2-3 chapters of their history, you will need to buy-in to the brand (which is easy!) and have a real passion for driving improvements.
This business has a number of commercial interests and you will need an inquisitive mindset that ensures you look beyond the numbers to challenge how to effectively use the information produced by the Finance Function.
A proven ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels and demonstrate a high level of commercial acumen is essential for this opportunity.
This is an extremely fast-paced environment with a highly collaborative approach to their working style and the ability to work in this manner and ensure ‘team-fit’ is a key criteria.
Whilst the pace of growth and expectations of the SLT will be high, the personal development opportunities and job satisfaction, as well as the ability to have a direct impact on the business, will ensure that you increase your commercial acumen, your network and develop your ability to have a positive and tangible impact.
• Working closely with non-finance Managers to understand costs and improve productivity.
• Producing management accounts with relevant commentary and reviewing/managing financial processes
• Create a continuous improvement framework, ensuring that models are accurate
• Managing a transactional finance team
• Possible financial system integration
• Delivering weekly reporting and analysis of the Company’s performance to the SLT/Board
• Completing monthly P&L and Balance Sheet Management Accounts, prepare commentary against budgets and forecasts and reviewing with the management team
• Assisting management in improving the profitability of their business, challenging where required and constantly monitoring costs
• Regularly reviewing procedures and team members to identify opportunities for improvement
Is this you?
If so, please apply ASAP as the recruitment process will move swiftly.
Exposure to the hospitality sector is advantageous.
An understanding of a complex business with multiple revenue streams
Demonstrable Commercial Acumen
Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
An extremely driven approach
Excellent Excel Skills