Snapshot of a Candidate: Group Financial Controller
Commercially focussed and "hands-on" Group Financial Controller with Recruitment sector background. £70k p.a. 1 week notice.
– Responsible for all aspects of Group accounting for 7 entities
– Lead on finance transformation project
– Implemented new systems and procedures and identified improvements
– Developed scenario analysis models for the Leadership Team
– Analysis of profitability and feasibility of new contracts
– Margin analysis and sales forecasting
– Implemented quarterly reviews with managers to discuss KPIs
– Established and launched new sites internationally
– Negotiation of supplier terms and conditions, review and sign-off
– Implemented cost and risk controls in the business
– Support management team with Group’s financial and strategic decisions
– Drive forecasting and budgeting throughout the business
– Monthly management accounts and rolling forecasts
– MI and board packs for MD and Operations Director
– Submission of all HMRC reporting and requirements
– Preparation of Year End pack for external audit
– Annual Accounts in compliance with IFRS
– Prepare annual budgets with heads of department
– Prepare and discuss weekly cashflow report and forecasts
– Manage internal and external payroll, including 400+ weekly contractors
– Weekly preparation and submission to invoice discounting/Factoring bank
– Factoring bank reconciliations
– Cash flow management and expenditure monitoring
– Advanced IT skills including Sage 50, Sage Payroll and Caseware
– Excel modelling skills
To discuss this candidate’s remuneration and availability, OR any recruitment and retention planning, please do get in touch with Debbie on 07367 492027
We’d love to develop our partnership with you and thought you might be interested in this candidate’s experience.
Most of our relationships are a result of recommendations and referrals. A lovely way to grow a business!
If you are looking for a knowledgeable, people centered Consultancy to help your growth, recruitment and retention needs, let’s talk.
We are experts within our sector. Each of our Consultants have over twenty years experience within finance recruitment, in our specific geographical areas & we are extremely well networked.
Everything we do for our clients is with the aim of building a long-term relationship and not simply about a one-off placement. To ensure that is the case, our advice and consultancy side is always free.
Genuine consultancy (with a long-term, relationship approach!)
Whether discussing how your brand is going to be perceived by potential recruits, confidentiality, staff engagement, headhunting or training on many subjects connected to recruitment and retention, we always operate as an expert partner, not a transactional service provider. Our advice is always free!
Flat rate fees
We charge a flat rate of annualised remuneration for permanent recruitment and offer highly competitive charges for interim assignments. Our introductory rate doesn’t increase with salary levels and whilst most agencies will do this, we have never felt this to be a fair approach. You should always receive the same, high quality service regardless of the seniority of the role.
Solutions, NOT sales
We offer a range of customised solutions, including retained, contingent and alternative offerings such as 'retained-light'.
We offer a FREE replacement for all permanent recruitment. Ask us to find out more.