Snapshot of a Candidate: Financial Controller (CIMA)
Experience within SME businesses and divisional roles
Hands-on Financial Controller with multi-sector experience
– Manufacturing, Engineering, Distribution, Utilities and Services experience
– Used to working sole charge or managing a small team
– Reports to the MD, Owners, Group FD and Board
– Full responsibility for Financial Control and Statutory accounting
– Reduced overheads and expenses costs saving £5k per month
– Introduced an accrual system to record revenue and expenses
– Streamlined accounts payable process through authorisation of POs
– Implemented full stock warehouse control systems reducing losses by $100k
– Introduced Tax/VAT/PAYE in overseas business reducing penalties by $400k
– Stock and Warehouse controls analysis and improvement
– Negotiation with utilities and insurance providers
– Managed relationships with banks and legal firms
– Introduced cost reduction measures and VAT savings in UK company
– Preparation of monthly management reports and consolidated Board packs
– Developed company budget and prepared financial forecasting
– Prepared CAPEX and spend regarding cash flow
– Variance analysis against budget and forecast
– Cash flow reporting, purchasing and VAT returns
– Year End accounts and conducted annual audit
– Tax returns and liaison with HMRC
– Responsible for banking, insurance, pensions and utilities
To discuss this candidate’s remuneration and availability, please do get in touch and we can discuss the finer details.
We’d love to develop our partnership with you and thought you might be interested in this candidate’s experience.
Let us know if you are interested in meeting to discuss this candidate further or alternatively we’re happy to meet with you to discuss the market, provide advice or even just shoot the breeze!
In line with our transparent approach, we are happy to have our charges and some key points visible
Everything we do for our clients is with the aim of building a long-term relationship and not simply about a one-off placement. To ensure that is the case, our advice and consultancy side is always free.
No upfront fees
If we are engaged on a contingency basis, we only charge once the successful candidate has actually started.
Flat rate fees
We charge a flat rate of annualised remuneration for permanent recruitment and offer highly competitive charges for interim assignments. Our introductory rate doesn’t increase with salary levels and whilst most agencies will do this, we have never felt this to be a fair approach. You should always receive the same, high quality service regardless of the seniority of the role.
We offer a FREE replacement service for all permanent recruitment.